Tier 5


This category is for those wanting to undertake unpaid voluntary work in line with the aims of their sponsor in the United Kingdom. 

If you are coming to work temporarily in the United Kingdom as a charity worker, you should only be doing voluntary activities and not paid work. You should intend to carry out fieldwork directly related to the purpose of the sponsoring organisation. Charity Worker can receive other payment for your work except reasonable expenses outlined.

In order to sponsor you, an employer will need to have registered as a licensed sponsor. The sponsor will need to meet the requirements for the particular sub-category within Tier 5 (Temporary Worker) and accept certain responsibilities to help with immigration control. For a maximum period of 12 months, or the time given on the Certificate of Sponsorship plus 14 days after the end date given on the Certificate of Sponsorship and up to 14 days before the start date, whichever is the shorter.

One of the requirements of the Tier 5 (Temporary Worker) category is that those coming to the United Kingdom must be able to support themselves for the entire duration of their stay in the United Kingdom without use of public funds (benefits provided by the state). Anyone who is unable to support themselves could face financial hardship because they will not have access to most state benefits.

Creative workers can also apply for an extension for a maximum of 12 months at a time up to a total of 24 months if they remain with the same sponsor. 

For further information please contact us on +44 1902 618488 and we would be more than happy to assist you in the matter.

UK visas can sometimes take months before the decision is taken on them by the Home Office. We are registered and regulated by the OISC and if you are making in-country applications we can submit your application in the PEO and get the decision on the same day. The appointments need to be booked in advance and due to high demand it worthwhile to apply earliest possible